Seat cover is an important accessory that protects the original upholstery of a vehicle. Seat covers act as a protective layer and safeguard the seat upholstery from damage due to exposure to sun, spills, stains and regular wear and tear. Seat covers also enhance the appearance of the car’s interiors by adding a touch of class and opulence, and increase the curb value of the vehicle. Seat covers also enhance passenger and driver comfort.
Seat covers are available in a lot of designs, styles, colours and materials. Fabric seat covers, leatherette seat covers and pure Leather Seat covers are some of the popular materials. Seat covers are available in universal sizes and can also be custom designed.
The global seat cover market can be classified based on material, fabric, sales channel, vehicle type and region.
- It can be classified into Leather Seat Covers, Nylon fabric, vinyl fabric, faux vinyl and PVC fabric according to the material.
- Flat woven, woven velour, circular knit, Tricot and double needle bar Raschel, depending on fabric.
- OEM and aftermarket, depending on the sales channel.
- Passenger vehicle, light commercial vehicle, buses and coaches, depending on the vehicle type.
- North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific, depending on the region.
The global automotive seat cover market is expected to touch US$77.0 billion by the year 2026. There are a number of factors that are leading to a boost in demand for seat covers. Some of them are
- Increasing number of young customers, who want to experiment with the looks of interiors of their vehicles. These young customers are willing to spend for enhanced style and comfort.
- Increased sales of luxury cars is also driving up the demand for seat covers. Luxury car owners prefer to protect the original upholstery of the car by installing good quality Leather Seat Covers that enhance the elegance of the interiors and protects the original seats from damage.
- Growth of passenger vehicle segment is also fuelling demand for seat covers. Users of these vehicles invest in good quality seat cover to improve the aesthetics and comfort.
Seat cover is an important accessory in vehicles. They protect the original seat upholstery and enhance the looks of the interiors. Seat covers are found in a variety of materials such as fabric, Leather Seat Covers, Vinyl etc. The global automotive seat cover market is expected to grow at CAGR of 4.06% and reach US$77.0 billion by 2026.